During the day I work in communications for Siloam Mission; during the evenings I work with Global Family Foundation, and in my spare time I run a tiny PR shop called Narrative Communications. The opinions on this blog are my own.
I’m blogging here to explore how nonprofits can use different forms of media to engage our culture to do good, better. I also ponder how nonprofits can find their voice and tell their story in a crowded environment.
Many charities and nonprofits have good stories to tell that often go unheard. But it’s the small voices that are making a big impact in our world and changing our communities for the better.
Now, more than ever, nonprofits have the resources and tools to provide meaningful connections with their donors through social media and the participatory web. Join me as I explore how they can best do so.
Work With Me
I love working with nonprofits — especially small ones. I can help you with:
- Public Relations (including media training, media relations, press releases and story development)
- Communications Plans & Strategies
- Copywriting (interactive web copy, news releases, brochures, annual reports, etc.)
- Direct Mail & Appeal Letters
- Social Media
- Video Production
- What about…? Maybe I can help you with that too, or know someone who can.
I would love to help you out! Get in touch with me on twitter or email me at mike.duerksen [at] gmail dot com.